Saturday, October 10, 2009

Party Scene

Iam a selfconfessed party girl. Im the example of the cliche, "work hard, party harder". I love going out. Going out means friends. Keep up with friends, gain new ones, lost the one who sucks. I love the noise, the busy atmosphere. It makes everyone alive, human.

Manila party scene is coping up with the clubs in L.A, NYC, London and Spain. Clubs are equipped with the top of the line equipments imported from the finest furniture designers abroad. Club owners draw inspiration from the hippest and hottest clubs in L.A and the Upper East Side. Everything they have, Manila is not far behind.

I love drinking, but iam not an alcoholic. I love my shot of baileys and vodka. Iam amazed by the shooters. I adore the music, RNB. Never was, and never will be a fan of house/trance music. I have access to the hottest clubs in the metro.

When you enter a club, its a different feeling. Its like entering a warp hole, leaving the worries behind, and getting into a happy adventure. In a club, its always the "what you see, what you hear, leave it here" case. Low and high profile people are the same, everyones hooked. Everyone has their own thing.

You enter a club fresh, you leave it all fucked up - drunk. (Not in my case. I only got drunk once, and im hating it forever)

But lately, or for the past two months, i havent been going out that much. No clubbing lately. If ever i go out, just dinner with friends, no alcohol. iam alcohol free for the longest time now. My idea of unwind nowadays is sbux, or dinner in a silent resto. My friends are asking, or puzzled rather, with the sudden change. i dont have an answer. Because i dont really know. Maybe it came to a point that ive had enough. Before i can go about partying the whole friday andd saturday night and still work the next day without feeling stressed or tired. Ima turning down invites for the past 2 months. And its surprising, reallly. When they ask why, i just say, "love changed me". They now its a joke. iits really a joke.

I guess, when you age, your tastes are more mindful. iam exchanging my daiily alcohol intake to caffeine. i enjoy dinnner more, which before was totally out of the picture. i love the music, though. but even that, i made ammends. i asked for a cd copy of Embassy's spinlist which iam listening to right now. Iam more appreciating my dvd-thon.

its a nice change, though. i miss the party lights and party nights, yeah, but i feel complete even without it. Its a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment