Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Real World

When i was little, i always dreamt about being a lawyer. Maybe because all my granpas are lawyers, the corporate ones. Its cute how kids always look at things so easily. I never thought that you have to endure long hours, sleepless nights, mountains of books and cases, cruel profs, blah, blah, blah. That was when i still think iam barbie.

When i entered colege, i didnt know what course to take, i havent foreseen what my life would be like, or what id like to be that time. I thought the world is my oyster, and ill get by, no matter what. I took up marketing thinking that it will get me through for the time being, while i havent decided yet on anything.

I didnt know id be loving it too much. Its fun, its challenging, its a feel-good course. You got to know the ins and outs of the number 1 money maker - business. i enjoyed it a lot. I especially like Ads and Promotions, wherein weve got to make commercials on all mediums. i love being with my blockmates, my profs. It doesnt feel like school at all. It was learning the fun way. And my for the meantime course ended up as the one i really like all along. Its funny na you should get into it first before you can actually realize that its what you wanted all along. And its a thing you can see yourself in forever. I think i excel on that area best. I always come up with brilliant ideas. (ehem). i love conceptualizing things.

Its like a lulaby for me, before i go to sleep, when other peole are thinking and feeling sad about their icky lovelives, iam thinking about how a certain product might work. What strategy is good enough to up the market sales. Is it time for a certain poduct to change branding, or target markets, or change image.

The corporate world has always been fascinating. Its amazes me how people can be so talented and smart. Its a power hub. It shows how incredible peoples minds can be. Its the real world. This is where the saying survival of the fittest lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment